Friday 3 March 2023

Another Clip From 'Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Childhood'

I've published another shot which I animated on the feature film 'Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Childhood' (dir. Richard Linklater) over on my Instagram. Before working on this film, I hadn't animated much water before, but I ended up getting assigned several water shots, so I had to seriously up my game as water is a notoriously hard thing to animate! Yes, they were indeed challenging and really pushed me out of my comfort zone, but I persisted and came away with some shots I was really proud of. I especially liked the design of this shot, which was done by George Hampshire.

I've not actually rotoscoped anything since December (feels longer actually) and looking back at these clips is definitely inspiring me to animate something again- though I'm trying to be strict on myself and finish the moth film first before I start something new. But a short clip can't hurt, can it?! We'll see...

Anyway, enough of my rambles, click here to watch the clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment