Friday 17 March 2023

'Bear' BTS #3

Third in my ‘behind the scenes’ series of my short film, ‘Bear’ is this clip:


Click here to see the previous ones.

This one illustrates the colouring process. After completing all the outlines in Callipeg, I exported them into TVPaint via JSON files and used the CTG layers to block colour the character and main props. I then used a textured brush for the bear head as I wanted to give it a feel of fur and have it separate from how the character was coloured. I textured this frame by frame using clipping masks, again to give the feel of the head more texture and a feel of movement (like how fur might move). At the end of the clip, you can see this shot in sequence with a few others from the scene.

I originally wanted to add some shadows/ highlight shading using EbSynth, but as I was doing this project solo and given myself a limited time to do it in (until I needed to get a new job basically!), plus it being 11 minutes in length, I decided against it or who knows, I might still be working on it! Next time though...

No comments:

Post a Comment