Tuesday 11 July 2023

Badge Making!

My boyfriend recently bought a badge maker for 25mm button badges and I obviously couldn't wait to get in on it too! As a teenager I used to (and still do) love button badges and I have a small collection of them. I used to put them on my school bag as that was all the rage in the 00s, though why I have a Bon Jovi badge, well that's anyones guess!

I've been thinking of several designs, but now I have a week off work I finally had the time to put them into practise. I really should get out more! Most of my designs were based upon my interests, so women's football, film/ animation, bowling, typefaces and skateboarding.

Whilst I'm really pleased with how a lot of them came out, some need improving. For example, the bowling pin 'daisy' design- I would have preferred those to have been smaller in the circle. This was my main qualm with the ones I feel need improving. Besides that, to be honest I didn't feel there was much wrong with the others. The colours turned out nice and vibrant and the designs held all the detail (which I was a little worried about before getting them printed- probably why I did the bowling pin ones so big).

This is definitely something I want to do more of! It was a really fun process from designing them, right through to making them in the machine and the satisfaction of seeing my designs on a badge! It's a quite addictive process actually. I think they'll make for great gifts for people, plus nice items in general to have around. Watch this space for more...

Below are a few pictures of the process: cutting them, the badges after they were cut and lastly, a few of the finished designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment