Thursday 5 September 2024

Throwback Thursday

...not sure if that's still a thing, but here goes!

A few weeks ago I made a post about painting a skateboard deck, but it turns out that not much in life changes and I'm pretty much still the same as when I was around 14... My Mum sent me the below images of me painting a board for one of my school projects way back when (how on earth I got away with that dreadful hat for so long is anyones guess)!!




I remember this piece was inspired by/ influenced by the work of Barrie Cook- if I remember correctly lots of art at school age seemed to have to have a starting point of an artist of your choosing. But I suppose a good way to learn and be inspired is to study other art.

I've always loved making art/ stuff and recall long hours spent taking over the kitchen table with my various creative endeavours, whether that be for school or personal projects. I can confirm I still spend many hours doing such things (as you'll probably gather through reading this blog), though I now fortunately have my own table/ desk space to do so. So perhaps things do change after all...

I might do more of these throwback posts if I find anything else appropriate or fun to talk about- I do have a lot of old art lying around, so perhaps I'll have a deep dive into the archives!

No comments:

Post a Comment