Thursday 16 June 2022

Outlines Completion Post!!

Here it is- the moment we’ve all been waiting for! THE OUTLINES ARE NOW COMPLETE!! Wow. Can’t believe I’m saying this and to be honest, at some points I really didn’t think it would happen. But it has and I’m mega proud of what I’ve achieved so far.

After a second post-animation vigorous editing process (yes, some shots I animated needed to be cut to tell the story better) I watched the outlines version of the film ‘in full’ and I actually quite like it. It tells the story I set out to tell and I think it’s a nice, compact film. If a little odd!

Despite this, there is some animation I would like to touch up. Some of the shots I completed nearer the start of the project need a little more work, due to not having fully established the style to extent the later shots were completed. Over the course of animating the outlines, I have improved my animation immensely and looking back now, there are some shots I’m not quite happy with, along with a few inconsistencies. I appreciate I don’t have the time to go back into each one and alter all of them so I need to be slightly selective, though there are some which are a ‘definite’. I think I’ll make a couple of lists for this: one for the ones which are important to rework and another list for if I get some time, it’ll be nice to rework… So that’s where I’m at currently!

Even though finishing the outlines is a massive step/ milestone, in no way does that mean it’s plain sailing from here: it isn’t. So I will not be taking my foot off the gas until I’m well underway in the colouring process and therefore will have more of an idea how long the rest of it might take.

The next step now is working out the colouring and the background styles. I hope I’ll be able to have another little clip to be able to share at some point next week- it will be nice to put something out in celebration of this landmark, so that’s something to look forward to…

Here’s the screen grab of the outlines timeline:


And here’s a couple of pictures of my notebook I use to track the time of each shot/ my days work. Maybe one day I’ll add the whole thing up to see exactly how long the outlines took- but I think I’m going to finish the film first!!



Will do another post when I’ve sorted the colouring styles- catch you then!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment