Saturday 28 May 2022

'Bear' Animation Week 11

The question on everybody's lips: has she finished the outlines yet?

The answer: not quite...

But close. Very close. I finished 15 shots this week, which is yet another record. Woop woop!! Though they still keep coming, one after another. Even though I’m getting a lot completed it still somehow feels never ending. But, I am having a lot of fun and I feel like as the outlines are drawing to a close, I've a new injection of energy and feel really spurred on to get to the next steps: the backgrounds and the colouring/ shading. They kind of feel like a reward for having the outlines completed- something to work towards. The colouring does especially- it feels like I've a quite relaxing (but labour intensive) task ahead.

I'm also a bit nervous at this stage in terms of how will it all come together? And will it look good and tell the story I want? I've put (and will continue to) a LOT of work into it thus far and I just want it to turn out as expected. I suppose all I can do at this stage is give it everything I have and that's all I can honestly do.

Once the outlines are finished, I've allocated a week to allow me to develop both the background and colour style, so I know exactly how I'm going to do them: what brushes to use, what colour palette, whether to add any texture and if so how and where, what program(s) to use and which will be the most efficient ways of doing all of the above in the time I have available. I’ll do a post about that development work here as and when it’s complete. I'm quite looking forward to having a mess with the footage to see how I can finish it and doing something which isn’t outlines!! The temptation to start already is strong and I must admit that I've already played around a little bit with potential colour ideas, but I'm not jumping into it fully until the backgrounds are done. It’s a bore being this disciplined, I tell ya!

Progress grab below as per…

No comments:

Post a Comment