Sunday 8 May 2022

'Bear' Animation Week 8

This week was a little more productive in terms of shot completion than last week: I finished 4 shots in full, with shot no. 38 (a biggie: 156 frames) almost complete too, with another (shot 43) started (and almost finished).

This week felt great, due to having got over such a hurdle last week finishing the super 250 frame shot. It was nice to work on a few easier and shorter ones this week and see more progress evolve on the time line. It definitely feels like it's really coming along now and the end might be in sight?! I don't know if I dare say that out loud!! But hey, yeah I'm going to go with it! I think the outlines might be finished by the end of the month if I continue as I am. Football season is well and truly drawing to a close and I think I only have two matches left in which I plan on photographing in full. She says. So after the next week, I can turn my full attention to animating 'Bear'.

Not loads more to write about regarding my progress this week, so I'm going to do a little shout out: series 2 of 'Undone' has dropped on Prime Video just recently, which I highly recommend! If you love rotoscope or animation for adults in general, then this show is fantastic and honestly worth a watch. There's so much to it in terms of both story and visual elements. Series 1 is also on there, so if you've not watched that yet, then binge that and then head straight series 2- you won't regret it!! I love it when a really creative series or feature comes out, especially when it's rotoscoped, so will forever be flying the flag for the smaller things which might not get to the forefront of the algorithms. Plus they're just awesome! If I haven't convinced you already, then watch the trailer below:

No comments:

Post a Comment