Sunday 22 May 2022

'Bear' Animation Week 10

Want to guess how many shots I completed this week? I’ll tell you: 14!! 7+7. FOURTEEN. Best week so far. The timeline is filling up super nicely and it feels fantastic to be making so much progress. It really feels like I’m on the finishing stretch now for the outlines- something which several weeks ago seemed years off!

This week I was able to dedicate almost the whole week to working on my film thanks to not having any photo editing to do. It felt quite nice and relaxing that I was able to do so, though I did miss the photography side of things. But a break is good too and it did allow me to make BIG progress on ‘Bear’. Manchester Animation Festival has now opened submissions for this years competition, with the decline being 29th July. Which is therefore my deadline for this- it’s a brilliant festival (and fairly local), making it a great date to aim for.

If I keep going at this rate, the outlines should be done in a few weeks- though like I mentioned last week, there are some fairly tricky shots to come. I know I mentioned the end of May as my target, though I might be a week or two out. If this is the case, I should still be able to get the backgrounds, colour and comp (i.e. finish the thing!!) for said end of July deadline.

Here’s the screen shot for this weeks progress:

No comments:

Post a Comment