Saturday 7 October 2023

Road to Wembley #2

I wasn't going to post about this one, because I had originally set out to photograph a game from each round of the Women's FA Cup. See images from the first round here. Unfortunately my plan fell through and it was then too late to try and rearrange pitchside access with another club. Though on the day, we thought we should still go to a game anyway from the competition because it's the best cup in football (and yes, I do say that as fact)! It was a pretty grim day weather wise, so decided to stay fairly local, choosing Chapman Fields as our destination for Kiveton Park Ladies vs SJR Worksop Women.

To be honest my expectations were quite low on the lead up and didn't think there would be much of an atmosphere or anything. But, how wrong I was: 273 people were in attendance for this Second Qualifying Round and the atmosphere was genuinely buzzing! The club has definitely got something good going on and if I was the type of person to visit a club more than once, I would 100% return. They were also issuing a programme, if you're into that sort of thing!

The game was really competitive, with both sides battling hard until the end. Unfortunately the hosts missed a couple of chances in the second half, which ended up putting them on the back foot and eventually losing 1-3 to the visitors. Hopefully next round (22nd October- for all those interested) I'll be back out with my proper camera, though here's a couple of phone pictures for proof of existence!


No comments:

Post a Comment