Monday 16 October 2023

Matlock Town FC

I've had a couple of weeks off photographing football- just by circumstance and lack of planning/ plans falling through. But last weekend I was determined to get back out there and continue my aim of regular football photography this season. The weather was meant to play nice and there were a fair few options as that's the way the fixtures fell. One which really caught my eye though was Matlock Town FC vs Bedford in the FA Trophy. The Proctor Cars Stadium is one I've been wanting to visit/ photograph for some time, so why not now?! Thankfully the club granted me permission for pitchside access and a day to Matlock ensued...

I can't say the game was the most exciting, evidenced with the highlight being the burst pipe leaking water onto the pitch causing the game to halt whilst players and various club-persons pitched in to sweep it up. But the ground did not disappoint and the club was also super friendly and welcoming. The game ended 1-0 to the hosts, who scored a late goal to confirm their place in the next round of the trophy.

You can view the full set HERE and as usual, I'll put a few below.










No comments:

Post a Comment