Sunday 5 February 2023

More Clips From 'Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Childhood'

I've published two more clips of shots I animated on the feature film ‘Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Childhood’ (dir. Richard Linklater) over on my Instagram.

The first one was this rocket shot. Click here for the video.


...The second, this shot of parachutes. Click here for the video.


Both these were super fun shots to animate, but definitely had their fair share of challenges. The rocket was the shot I spent most time over out of all the shots I animated. I actually did a version at first, which didn't turn out well and I received several notes. Although disappointing at first, I took the comments on board and then pretty much scrapped what I originally did (only keeping a few remnants) and started afresh, leading to a shot which I'm now proud of and which looks 100% better than my first attempt. This was a great learning curve for me and I'm pleased that I really took the notes on board/ listened- it was a situation where I could have easily pandered to my ego and took it personally and only changed it slightly thinking I knew better. But I didn't and took everything on board instead, creating a much stronger shot. You learn and develop and lot more and a lot quicker when you push yourself out of what you're comfortable with and this shot has been proof of that. If you just stick to what you always do and know, progress and development will be a lot slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment