Monday, 3 August 2026

I Wish I Was There- MORE Festival Announcements!!

This is all so new to me- I've never had so many!! And I have three in the same weekend- meaning I won't be able to attend all the screenings, unfortunately. A nice problem to have though and I'm super grateful and proud for the festival recognition it seems to be garnering of late... So without further ado, I'll get announcing!

I'll do it in the order in which they are being screened, to make things slightly less complicated. Oh and they're all BIFA qualifying festivals, which is like super cool, too. And it goes without saying, but all of the films its programmed alongside look absolutely amazing, so if ya don't like mine, you might like one of the other ones!


First up, is Worcester Film Festival- my hometown 'gig' if you like! Sadly, because of fixture clashes, I won't be able to attend the actual screening, but I WILL be in attendance for the majority of the festival which runs 22nd-26th September (I'll be heading back up north on the evening of the 25th). My film screens as part of Shorts Block 34, 10am, Saturday 26th September. Tickets to the screening are just £4 (purchase by clicking here), but you can also purchase day tickets and full festival passes from the website, as linked above. I also wrote a short ‘behind the scenes’ type thing for this one, which you can read here.


Then, on Saturday 26th September at 6pm, my film is playing at Mansfield Town Film Festival, a festival endorsed by no other than filmmaking legend Ken Loach! It’s screening in the Something Has To Give block, taking place in the Director’s Lounge. I’ll be hanging about the festival the full day on the Saturday, so come say hey! I attended the programme launch on Friday just gone and they’re a super friendly and down to earth bunch, so looking forward to heading here. Tickets are an affordable £5 and you get can those here, but like with Worcester, you can buy day and full festival passes, too.


And then on Sunday 27th September (see, I said this was busy!) it is screening at the Spirit of Independence Film Festival, taking place at The Light cinema in my current base of Sheffield! My previous film won an award at this one back in 2023, so it’s lovely that they’re having me back for more. I’m also super hyped that this is showing at The Light- the screens are enormous, so can’t wait to see how it’s going to look in such a venue! It is showing as part of the Northern Spirit shorts, which is at 12.50pm and you can get tickets for a reasonably priced £6 here. And like with the others, you can purchase full day/ festival passes.



And lastly (for now*) is that my film made the honours list for the Women X Film Festival up in Darlington, which runs 17th-20th September. My film is NOT screening at this festival, but it was an ‘almost made it’ hence the honours list. I may or may not be in attendance at this one, I’ve not yet decided- but it may be one too many, due to all the other screenings in the two weeks following this one, but we shall see…

*there’s another big one to be announced, but I don’t know which day my film is screening yet, so I’ll not post that until I have the full details or I’ll only have to create another post, essentially doing an awkward double announcement!

Ok, I think that’s everything. I love films and I love film festivals!! Can’t wait for all these- see you in the cinema xo

No comments:

Post a Comment