Tuesday 5 March 2024

Feb/ March Update!

Hey hey! How's it going? Just a quick check in/ update post as I have not been blogging much lately (though I assure you normal service will resume in the not so distant future)!

So, what have I been up to? I have been busy- but it all feels like stuff that doesn’t especially merit a full blog post, hence this more ‘round up’ style one. So the big one: a little over two weeks ago my 16+ month contract finished on ‘The Rubbish World of Dave Spud’. I had a brilliant experience working on the show and worked with some genuinely lovely people. And I’m super proud to say my name is on the credits and I have contributed to such a fantastic show. There are currently 12 episodes up on ITVX of this series- go check them out! …And you can watch the trailer (if you haven’t already) here.

I am now more than ready for a well earned break- which I have been fully embracing! I have mostly been skateboarding, bowling, watching football and watching lots of films (though not simultaneously)- I actually treated myself to an unlimited cinema pass, so I’ve been getting to the cinema a lot recently. Which is really, really great. Honestly, there’s nothing nicer than a solo trip to the cinema in the afternoon! It all feels very indulgent, but in a good way. I’m trying to practise enjoying myself and not feel guilty about it. Some recent cinema highlights include ‘The Holdovers’, ‘All of Us Strangers’ and ‘The Zone of Interest’- all of which I expect will turn up on my end of year film recommendation list. We’ll see…

I have also been working on a couple more embroidery pieces, which I cannot share as yet as they’re gifts for people and do not want to ruin the surprise! Though as soon as I can, I will be posting them on here.

Football photography has slowed down, though not for lack of trying: a combination of poor weather and clubs not replying to emails kind of kills the vibe! Though as spring seems just around the corner, I’m hoping this will soon pick up. We have been going to some great games recently though and having some brilliant days out. I also reached my landmark 650th football ground on Sunday: ta-da!

Lastly, I have started working towards my feature film. Yes, you read that correctly. I often mention it in passing on here (and IRL), but to actually have started fleshing out my story idea has made it real. Since beginning this process it has felt extremely daunting (more so than what I had imagined), because as I’m writing scene ideas/ plot points, I can just see me never being able to obtain funding to make my vision a reality. I know that’s a very negative way to think about things, but like many, I have rarely been successful gaining funding for even short films, let alone something of this scale. I know it’s going to be a mountain to climb, but I am not going to give up. It might take longer to get the project off the ground than I hope, but I’m going to make it happen. It’s a project I’m extremely passionate about and a story I feel is important to tell. I’ll be blogging about the whole writing process in more detail as and when I complete each section and of course give updates on any production ups/ downs/ funding wins/ rejections etc! I’ll attempt to be as candid as possible on here about getting something like this made.

I think that’s about it for now- pretty sure that covers everything! See you next time, stay safe, stay hydrated xo

No comments:

Post a Comment