Saturday 23 July 2022

35mm Photography

In early June, I treated myself to a 'new' (second hand/ pre-owned/ vintage/ insert preferred term here) 35mm camera:

What a beauty!

I've used film a lot over the past 11 years (you can scroll back down the #photography tag on this blog to find some of my earlier stuff if you're so inclined), but have given up 35mm cameras at several points in my life due to various reasons including lack of money and not making/ having the time to pursue working in the medium.

For the last year or so, I've had the urge to get back into it and I finally bit the bullet and purchased a camera I very much used to enjoy using way back when. And so far I've loved using it this time around too, though it might take a while to really get to grips with it again and get to know the camera and what settings to use etc.

One thing I was not expecting though was the incredible rise in both costs of film and film processing. I shouldn't have been so naive. Besides this, it's been really fun using a film camera again and I can't wait to keep improving my photos.

Here are some which I liked from the first roll. Classic cars and architecture- what's not to like!






No comments:

Post a Comment