Saturday 1 October 2016

TBT #5

Apologies for this being on a Friday instead of Thursday, but who's counting?

I did sort of hint at this one in my last tbt post, so here goes:


It's the first music video I made, completed in December 2011. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this and I'm not exaggerating!

The idea came about a while before carrying out the project, but that was a much simpler idea, just with text (and all in Adobe Flash). That probably would have looked AWFUL. This was the first time I used Adobe After Effects and also the first time I did rotoscoping (besides those tests previously).

I am still proud of what I achieved here, as to do this in such a short space of time (I think I did the bulk of the animating in three weeks) and to have used a lot of new techniques, I think I did alright.

I remember the day I finished it and needed to screen it to three university lecturers, along with a small presentation. It was my last day of term before the Christmas break. I think I was just so tired as had a lot of late nights/ early mornings to get it done and I really just wanted a rest. I think I remember saying that I hated it! Which, at the time of presenting it, was probably true. I don't especially like it, as such, but I don't hate it. I appreciate my achievement and it's probably one of my most notable projects to date. Not that I'd ever use it as self promotion anymore or show it anyone for that matter(!), but more of the fact that it showed me what I could do and capable of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment