Friday 7 October 2016

Look! I made more cakes!

As you may remember from a couple of posts ago, I made a cake. As in, I (me) actually actively bought some ingredients and went in the kitchen and made them so they don't look like just ingredients anymore and walked out of the kitchen with a cake in my hands. That.

I really enjoyed making the cake and enjoyed sharing it when done (and getting good feedback on the taste), so I continued to bake a cake every week from then on. I also started watching GB Bake Off (yes I know I just admitted to watching a TV programme) for inspiration. And it's been working.

It's a really fun hobby to get into as for me it's a new challenge each time, as these are mostly cakes I've either never made before or if I have made them, I haven't made them since I was about twelve. It's also creative, but not in the way I usually do creative, such as art or filmy stuff and it's nice to have a change from that.

I've even started an Excel spreadsheet for all of the cakes I make/ things I bake. This includes date made, the cake made, score out of ten and any comments or improvements. Yep, I'm a full on geek.

Here's some I made earlier:


Pineapple Upside-down Cake 

Coffee Meringue Crunch Cake

Ginger Cake

Any suggestions, throw them at me! ...But I'm not promising you'll get a slice ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment