Monday 8 August 2022

'Bear' Update 8/8

I didn’t do one of these last week as I felt it might have been a bit ‘same-y’ as the previous one, plus it was my birthday weekend (that’s totally a thing). And England Lionesses won the Euros so to say I was distracted would be fair. It still hasn’t quite sunk in just yet, but I feel it’s already having a huge impact on women’s football in this country.

Last post I was mentioned about trying to get a cut ready to submit to Manchester Animation Festival, which I did manage to do, albeit a work in progress. Fingers crossed I’ve done enough. Even though I have submitted it, the work continues- they’ve stipulated that it needs to be complete by September if submitted a rough cut. I have no way of knowing if it will be accepted before that, so I’m pushing ahead with the completion of it this month. There’s a fair amount to do, but it is definitely do-able. Frustrating, as I would absolutely love a break now (with it still being summer and nice weather and cricket season etc). But I just need to get over this one last push.

I have been getting a little stressed over it, so I decided to write down every little detail that needs doing in order to finish it, along with an estimate of how long each bit might take. It was a useful task and it’s a system I recommend if you have a project you’re trying to get finished. It makes it feel a little less stressful as it’s all down on paper and you can plan it out neatly in terms of what bits to do and on which day/ date. But it simultaneously feels daunting as you’re looking at everything that needs doing and trying not to cry! Though, if I just do one small thing towards it each day, then I’ll manage to finish and for me it’s easier working in bitesize chunks.

I think I’ll leave it here this week, before this post stops making sense! Plus, I want to put my full energy/ attention into the animation as opposed to writing about it at this stage, so apologies to disappoint. Hopefully try and get a better quality post out next week! In the meantime, I’ll leave you with one of the establishing background images:

No comments:

Post a Comment