Monday 13 December 2021

Ice Hockey

For this, I wanted to make something completely different than my previous piece and do something aside from working towards what could potentially be a style test for the short film I’m making. I wanted to have a bit of fun with it too, so I found a clip I liked the look of, of someone playing ice hockey.

As an avid sports fan, I like doing clips related to the topic, plus I always think that rotoscope lends itself really well to sports (especially skateboarding)! Fun fact: I have only ever watched one ice hockey game IRL- though I did really enjoy myself and definitely want to do it again. Ice hockey over here in the UK is a fairly niche sport, which is probably the reason I’ve never really caught on to it, unlike say football and cricket which I watch a lot of.

With this piece, I used a continuous outline, rather than the pressure sensitive ones I use most often. I’ve not really ever explored this look before, despite being fairly Julian Opie-esque (one of my favourite artists). I do like the thick outline as it gave a really bold effect, though I think I might like to see it used in a way which is on a person who isn’t playing sport, to see if it could actually translate into any of my films (I know I said earlier that this wasn’t a potential style test, though I guess I was wrong)! So, perhaps more of this style to follow…

Anyway, I’ll leave it at that for this post as I’ve been fairly wordy on here recently, with several more lined up (aren’t you lucky). Until then, stay safe and hydrated and see you in the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment