Saturday 23 October 2021

Returning to Pitchside

In the last couple of months or so, I’ve unfortunately not been all that active on the photography front. I had still been going to games, but as a spectator, rather than as a photographer. This has been down to a number of reasons (time or lack thereof so wouldn't be able to keep up with the editing, weather [starting to get a lot colder/ rainy-er] and a couple of other things of which I won’t go into), so it was nice to finally be able to have a weekend where I had set up two pitchside opportunities for myself.

One was a (men’s) Vanarama National League game, the other was a Women’s Super League game. I thought after a fairly long break that the photo’s would come out terrible, but I was actually really pleased with both sets.

The editing took longer than usual though- I edited both sets over the course of several days as I found it easier editing in bitesize chunks, rather than the daunting prospect of doing them all in one go. Hopefully this won’t be the case every week, but at least I got them done, right?!

Another sports photographer I know, going by the name of Onion Bag photography happened to be at the same WSL game on the Sunday and snapped this one of me. I love this picture and it’s nice to have a high quality image of me doing what I do (finally)!


Below are some from Stockport County 1-0 Aldershot Town FC. You can view that full set HERE.

And below those are the images from West Ham United Women 1-1 Birmingham City Women. The full set can be seen HERE.

Hopefully full sets will now be a weekly thing, so do keep an eye on my Flickr and Twitter for further uploads...










No comments:

Post a Comment