Monday 12 March 2018

35mm | Berlin

Besides the expired film experiment, I've had no 35mm developed since October 2017. How I survived without for so long, still remains a mystery!

The first three below were taken in the UK (I've been wanting to photograph some cooling towers for so long and I'm pretty pleased with the result), after that, Berlin! I experienced my first ever flight at the, urm, ripe old age of 26 and I was quite scared, but excited too. I just found it a weird experience- how it just went up and up and that was that(!), but would happily do it again and already throwing a few ideas around for my next European adventure. If you haven't already been to Berlin, I highly recommend it. The architecture is amazing, the city has such a nice vibe to it and there are some fantastic art galleries/ museums- I especially enjoyed the Photography Museum.

One minus (pun completely intended): the cold!

It's quite touristy in some spots, but we (me and my boyfriend) managed to avoid those. Tourist attractions aren't really our thing unless we have a genuine interest in said attractions. We did look at the Berlin Wall though- East Side Gallery, where there's a fair bit of it still standing. The painted murals on it were fantastic. Berlin Tempelhof (disused airport) was another highlight and really is quite photogenic. It made a brilliant walk, too. I found the East more interesting to look at on the whole. The West was really built up and a little London-esque, so it didn't appeal to me as much as the East did, though I didn't find the West disinteresting at all- plus it hosted the best bowling alley we went to, so no complaints there! Berolina Bowling Lounge, incase you were wondering...

Here are the photographs:










I've been out taking more this weekend, so watch this space for those, including another power station(!), some lower league football and everything in between...

No comments:

Post a Comment