Saturday 17 February 2018

Expired Film Experiments

Towards mid October last year, I finished the last roll of camera film I had (sad times). It was also around (or shortly after) the same time a popular chain of 'pound only' shop discontinued selling it and for a crazy-mad, bargain price of £1 at that! So disappointing, but I knew the day was coming- every time I used to go in for some film, I always used to hope that it was there, though always used to prepare myself for the worst! I now have to source my film in a more costly way... 😢

Rant aside, I came across a roll of expired (1999) film in my boyfriend's room and I was most excited!

I had no expectations or hopes of how they'd come out: I always think if you prepare yourself for the worst possible outcome, then anything else is a bonus. Maybe I should change my outlook on life, but that's for a whole other blog post!

Anyway, the results didn't come out that great, but the outcomes were not all to be thrown away. Some had editing potential, whilst some looked passable as is. I took the opportunity to have a play on Photoshop with a few and by adding and manipulating certain elements, I created some quite interesting results. I look forward to doing more...




A couple of the unedited ones:


No comments:

Post a Comment