Thursday 30 June 2016

Photo Fun!

Recently I've been minimalising my [material] possessions. This is to free up space, make a little bit of money (maybe) and most importantly, to focus on the NOW and what I've already got.

After doing quite a bit of reading on the subject of minimalist living, I decided it was a road I'd like to be on.

Something I got rid of was my analogue SLR camera. WAITWHAT?! I used to enjoy using this, but recently it's been feeling more of a burden than something of a benefit. It's fairly heavy, so taking it on long walks isn't all that fun and developing these days isn't how it used to be- and I'm not even talking about thirty or so years ago, I'm speaking around about six.

I've got an Instagram account and I use it for less serious photography, but I have a side of me where I still really enjoy using analogue equipment. I suppose this is my passion of photography shining through.

I bought an Instax Mini 70 {modern day Polaroid} and it's really, really fun!

Not a great photo of some photos!
It's small and light, so fairly portable and you don't have to wait for it to get developed- goes without saying! The downside is the cost of the film, but that's also an advantage as you tend to waste less shots and consider what you photograph more carefully.

In the future, I'd like to go back to using film, but for now, I don't need anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment