Monday 13 June 2016

Music Video

Look! It's Monday and I'm doing the blog like I said I would!

Sooo *I MADE A VIDEO* here's the video, mentioned briefly in last post:



First of all, it feels nice/ good to have finally completed an animation from idea to end product which wasn't just a thirty second or so test piece- something I haven't done in a while. I remember having this idea last November-ish as I felt I was in some kind of a "rut"- I was in a job that I disliked and I needed to be doing something creative..! 

The film panned out (no pun intended) a little different than I initially planned (for the better)- I was going to do the whole thing like the start section, but when editing I realised it needed more. I had loads of footage/ painted animation frames left over from a previous project that I didn't finish and I didn't want it to go to waste so I decided to use it here instead #recycling

I love the style in the video and it's definitely something I'd like to develop even further and in different ways. It's interesting to see what I do now with the medium of rotoscoping- an animation technique I've been using for almost five years now- crazy!! If you'd like to have a look at my past (and current) work from way back when, head over to my YouTube channel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment