Thursday 25 August 2016

TBT #2

It's Thursday once again, which can only mean one thing: THROWBACK TIME!

I thought I'd choose this as my next one, because I made it around this time four years ago, again 2012, but it's very different from my last #tbt video.

It was for Film4's Scene Stealers competition (please comment with link to film if you entered!), where you were to recreate a two minute scene from a Film4 film, from the list they provided. I decided to do mine of Submarine:


Due to illness, I unfortunately missed the deadline, but I finished it off regardless as I thought it was such a cool idea for a competition/ project. Please do another one Film4, if you're reading!!

Anyway, I gathered my family together (sorry guys!) to star in my rendition of the film. I reckon they did alright...

I didn't copy the scene or style of film directly, because I wanted to put my own twist on it, but as the original film was set in the 1980s, I decided to give it an analogue feel, by overlaying parts of it with some Cine Film, which I telecine transferred. My friend Richard Holmes also kindly composed the music for it, which is ace.

I definitely should have worked on the colouring of some of the shots, plus I wish I had used an old fashioned looking TV for the penultimate shot. Also the sound at the beginning is awful- definitely should have used ADR.

Besides the above comments, I think I achieved something quite good considering my circumstances at the time. Be really cool to recreate something like this again these days so I can see how much I've progressed, have a bit of fun and get out filming again...

No comments:

Post a Comment