Thursday 25 August 2016

Illustrator Fun

I've been playing around with Illustrator and Photoshop of late to touch up on my digital art/ design skills- always useful to keep actively creative and learn new techniques. 

I must admit programmes such as these are hard to get to grips with at first, but once you know all the amazing stuff they can do, you'll never want to be away from your computer again. There's so much stuff to try, it's crazy! 

I was searching the good old internet to look for some tutorials to try out, especially ones that get me out of my comfort zone and I found this one. I loved the look of the end result and it's also something I'd have no idea how to go about doing it.

I found a fairly old photo of my brother and decided to go about dissecting his face with triangles. Here are some screengrabs of the piece at various different stages:








...And here's the final result:


I'm impressed with it for a first one- I really had no idea how it would turn out or if it would look any good or have any resemblance of the original photograph (or my brother, for that matter!), so in that respect, I'm happy. On the whole though, I can see room for major improvements (and potential) and it's definitely a style I'd like to develop and do more of...

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment