Thursday 7 September 2023

Halifax FC Women

Hello September! The nights are closing in already and I am extremely excited about the next few months spent enveloped in my big coat, shivering whilst trying to hold my camera still. Please note the sarcasm in my tone. But, it looks like we're getting one last gasp of summer here in the UK, which is really adding to my rekindled passion of photographing football. Hopefully it will do enough to keep me enthused throughout the winter, too.

The recent bout of nice weather made my trip on Sunday to the Clayborn Ground (home of men's side Liversedge FC) all the more enjoyable. The match was an FA Women's National League Northern Premier Division tie between Halifax FC Women (formerly known as Brighouse Town Women) and newly promoted side Stourbridge FC Women. I knew this was going to be an exciting game and I was right! It ended up 3-3, with Halifax taking command towards the end of the second half to get their well deserved equaliser.

Here's a few shots down below and as usual, you can view the full set here.









No comments:

Post a Comment