Sunday 17 September 2017

Cards

I love it when it's time to make a card for somebody for whatever reason, because I like to use it as a mini typography project!

The cards always end up taking longer than expected because I spend so much time on them, but I find the results often very effective. Some work out better than others, but each one is a development process and leads to the idea for the next one.

Here are two recent ones which I really thought turned out well:



I really like this idea and I'm going to develop it further. I especially prefer the Happy Birthday one: I like the looseness and fluidity of the shape. I also tried using colour and again, that works. I often prefer black and white drawing and getting shading with pen thickness and/ or stippling, but in this instance the colour really pops.

No comments:

Post a Comment