Thursday 20 October 2016

TBT #6

Apparently I was meant to post this last week, but clearly didn't. How I love lack of time...

Anyway, posting it now, so read up, yo! 

I thought this one is slightly appropriate to post today, because this morning I have been editing something similar:


I made this almost two years ago now. I was commissioned by a local arts cafe/ bar to film and edit their Christmas/ winter solstice event to put on their website to act as a promo for the venue. It was filmed across three days.

It was a fun film to make as I think bands are really interesting to film, because of the style of shots you can get when filming a band, especially when there's nice lighting like this. BOKEH. BOK-YEAH. SORRY.

I always hate looking back on a film I've made, because I think of so many ways I can improve it, but at the same time I'm always slightly impressed with my achievements. Makes sense? Nope, didn't think so either. For the time that I made it, it was probably the best attempt, but if I made it now, I reckon it'll look a lot, lot different. Maybe not "better" as such, but definitely improved both stylistically and technically.

No comments:

Post a Comment