Sunday 11 September 2016

Look I Made A Cake!

Apologies for lack of posts recently- I missed #tbt, too :( 

I have been insanely busy, working on a couple of videos alongside my "proper" job- which is working in a bowling alley (it's not as glamorous as it sounds!), so unfortunately, blogging had to take a short hiatus. But I am BACK, so never fear! Or maybe DO fear. I might be about to scare you.

I think baking counts as being creative, does it not?

I've been saying to my housemate for a while now, that I'm going to make a cake and on Thursday of last week, I did just that:


It's an apple and cinnamon cake, one of my favourites from when I was younger (I often used to bake when I was a child).

For having not baked in about four years, it turned out really, really well. It was cooked for the right length of time and it was a good consistency. If I made this again, I think I'd use one more apple to give it a bit more moisture (the recipe said "three or four" and I used three- being tentative and not as confident as had not baked in quite a time) and I would also add a bit more cinnamon. Besides those points, it was a job well done! I think I'm going to make it a weekly thing, but a different cake every week. Maybe one day I'll make something super extravagant! We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment